Do I need a Visa to attend GIE+EXPO 2020?
The Visa Waiver Program currently enables eligible citizens of 27 countries to enter the US for tourism or business for a period of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. Learn more about which countries are currently participating in the Visa Waiver Program.
If you determine that you will need a visa to attend GIE+EXPO 2020, you can complete the visa application form online.
Complete visa information can be found here.
Visa Application Tips
- Apply Early! New screening processes are in place at all US Embassies that could delay your application processing time. We suggest you begin the visa application process at least 60 days prior to your travel date. To determine typical wait times to secure an interview, contact the Consular Section of your local Embassy.
- Present proof that you have strong ties to your country of residence. Proofs of employment or business ownership are good examples of strong ties.
- If possible, show proof that you have traveled internationally before and have returned within the time restrictions of your visa.
- Present your visa letter of invitation to the Consular Officer during the visa interview. The visa letter of invitation, though not required for the visa application, can assist as a supporting document.
Be Prepared for Your Interview
Make sure you have all the necessary documentation with you at your interview. You will need the following:
- A valid passport
- Appropriate visa application forms
- Visa fee proof of payment
- Documents detailing employment status, reason for travel and financial status
- Proof of previous visits to the U.S.
- Any additional documents required by your local embassy or consulate
Visa letters can ONLY be requested through the registration. Click here to register.