- Purpose.GIE+EXPO hosts the industry’s largest showcase for outdoor power equipment distributed through dealers, retailers and distributors for consumer, professional and rental use; lawn and garden products/outdoor leisure items distributed through home centers, dealers and retailers; and light construction and landscape equipment used by general contractors, landscapers, golf course superintendents and parks & recreation crews. GIE+EXPO’s trade show features the latest technology and software to help both landscape contractors and dealers take their businesses to the next level.
- Information We Collect. We collect these types of information on the Site:
- “Anonymous Information” is any information that does not identify you individually or does not permit a direct association with an individual.Anonymous Information may include information derived from Personal Information that has been de-personalized by removing unique identifiers and/or combining it with information about other users to form aggregated data.
- “Personal Information” is your personally identifiable information, including name, email address, photo, persistent identifiers (if associated with identifiable information), financial information, transaction information, and location information.
- Examples of information GIE+EXPO collects include:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, enter a promotion, or sign up for communications, including your name, date of birth, mailing address, telephone number, email address, username, and password;
- Transaction information you provide when you make a purchase, such as your postal address, telephone number, and payment information;
- Information you provide on pages, blogs, or other public forums on our Site, such as on your artist page;
- Information we obtain from a third party, such as a third party site, vendor, service provider, or other platform provider;
- Location information, including location information provided by a mobile device or other device as you navigate our Site;
- Activity information about your use of the Site;
- Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit the Site or interact with communications from our Site.
- How We Collect. GIE+EXPO collects information from and about you directly when you provide such information to GIE+EXPO and automatically when you use the Site.
- Voluntarily and/or Indirectly Provided. In the course of visiting and using the Site, you may provide information to us voluntarily. For example, you provide information to GIE+EXPO voluntarily when registering for a trade show or signing up to receive communications through the Site. When you register for the trade show, you voluntarily provide your personal information through GIE+EXPO’s page, which is processed by a third party website, and GIE+EXPO receives the information provided through that third party website. If you voluntarily provide your Personal Information to us, we collect it. You choose whether to disclose Personal Information, but you may not be able to use the Site or conduct certain transactions without doing so.
- Google Analytics. This Site uses Google Analytics. You can learn how Google collects and processes data here: google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Google’s address is 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043.
- Do Not Track. The Site does not respond to do-not-track signals from browsers or other similar mechanisms. GIE+EXPO does not permit third party advertisers to collect personally identifiable information about your online activities for their own use when you use the Site. GIE+EXPO does not permit third-party behavioral tracking or through the Site except as otherwise explained in this policy.
- “Web beacons”are small bits of code embedded in web pages or emails that assist in delivering cookies. Web beacons help GIE+EXPO determine whether a page on this Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. GIE+EXPO may also use web beacons in email messages to determine what the recipient has done with the message. Although you cannot decline to receive web beacons when visiting a web page, you can choose not to receive web beacons by email if you disable HTML images or refuse HTML email messages.
Below are the cookies used on the Site:
Cookie Description Type _gat Installed by Google Analytics to throttle the request rate and limit data collection on high traffic sites. performance _gid Installed by Google Analytics to store information about how visitors use a site (e.g., number of visitors, where they came from, and pages visited in anonymous form). analytics _ga Installed by Google Analytics to calculate visitor, session, campaign data, and track Site usage. Information stored anonymously and random numbers identify unique visitors. analytics bcookie Installed by LinkedIn. The purpose of the cookie is to enable LinkedIn functionalities on the page. performance lidc Installed by LinkedIn and used for routing. functional fr Installed by Facebook to show relevant advertisements to the users and measure and improve the advertisements. The cookie also tracks the behavior of the user across the web on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin. analytics _fbp Installed by Facebook to deliver advertisements when they are on Facebook or a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising after visiting this website. advertising bscookie Installed by Facebook to deliver advertisements when they are on Facebook or a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising after visiting this website. advertising UserMatchHistory Installed by LinkedIn to track visitors on multiple websites, in order to present relevant advertisements based on the visitor’s preferences. advertising
- How We Use the Information. Generally, GIE+EXPO uses information to improve our services, to improve, administer, customize, and/or maintain the Site, to personalize your experience on the Site, to deliver offerings relevant to your interests, to manage transactions, to build relationships with you and other users, to market and provide you with information about GIE+EXPO, to fulfill other purposes for which you provide the information, to provide you with notices about your account, to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, and to conduct market research and analysis. We may contact you to obtain your input, or provide information about our services or other offerings. GIE+EXPO may identify you in connection with your use of certain aspects of this Site and may link information about your use of the Site with your personal information.
The following details categories of information collected:
Source Information How Used How long kept Basis Registration Name, employer, telephone, street address, email address, financial information To process registration to GIE+EXPO
- Transactions. If you provide Personal Information to us in connection with registering through the GIE+EXPO page of a third party website or engaging in another kind of transaction on the Site, we may use your information to process the transaction and communicate with you about it. We do not use your Personal Information for automatic decision making or profiling.
- Marketing. We may use your Personal Information and/or Anonymous Information to offer, market and advertise to you via the Site and/or through email or U.S. mail and to allow our GIE+EXPO affiliates to do the same. We may communicate with you about GIE+EXPO services. GIE+EXPO does not place any restrictions on the use of Anonymous Information.
- Data Retention and Security.
- Data Retention. GIE+EXPO stores the personal information it collects indefinitely. GIE+EXPO may store your personal information as long as you continue to conduct transactions through the Site or use the Site. GIE+EXPO may store your personal information following completion of transactions with you to the extent required to comply with GIE+EXPO’s legal, accounting, and/or reporting requirements and to provide information about GIE+EXPO’s services that you may request. Additionally, GIE+EXPO may continue to store your personal information contained in standard back-ups. Upon your request, GIE+EXPO will delete or de‑identify your personal information unless GIE+EXPO is legally required or allowed to maintain such personal information.
- Steps You Can Take. Where you have selected or received a password for use in connection with login information or accessing certain features of the Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and for not sharing it with anyone.
- Caution. GIE+EXPO cannot guarantee absolute security. You acknowledge and agree that GIE+EXPO shall not be liable for any security breach that results from causes or events that are beyond GIE+EXPO’s control (such as acts of God, hacking, terrorism, power outages, defects in third party security products and services, your own acts and omissions, and other similar events beyond GIE+EXPO’s control). Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. GIE+EXPO cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through the Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. GIE+EXPO is not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in the Site.
- Disclosure to Third Parties
- Sharing Information. GIE+EXPO may share your information (including Personal Information) with third parties that provide services to GIE+EXPO. These third parties may offer, market and advertise products and services directly to you. We do not sell or rent your Personal Information. GIE+EXPO does not place any restrictions on the use or disclosure of Non-personal Information. GIE+EXPO may share it with anyone for any purpose.
- Managing Your Information.
If you would like to request that GIE+EXPO delete your personal information, please click here: [INSERT HYPERLINK].
- Opting Out.
- Disclosure for Direct Marketing/Advertising Purposes. If you have consented to our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes and you wish to withdraw that consent to opt-out of such practice and prevent further disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may do so by contacting us by U.S. mail, email, or telephone using the information set forth in Section 17 below.
- Children. The Site is not for children. GIE+EXPO does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 through the Site. If GIE+EXPO learns that it has collected or received such information, it will delete that information.
For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), which applies to websites that direct their services to children under the age of thirteen, please visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-coppa-frequently-asked-questions.
- For Residents of EEA. If you reside in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), the following provisions may apply to you:
- Access. You may request access to your Personal Information and the following information regarding our use of it: (i) purpose of the use, (ii) categories of personal information used, and (iii) to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information;
- Correction. You may request that GIE+EXPO correct any Personal Information we have about you that you believe is inaccurate;
- Right to Be Forgotten. You may request that GIE+EXPO erase your Personal Information in certain circumstances when GIE+EXPO no longer needs such data;
- Withdraw Consent. If GIE+EXPO’s ability to use your Personal Information depends on the consent that you have given, you may withdraw such consent;
- Restriction. You may request that GIE+EXPO restrict (or suspend) use of your Personal Information in certain circumstances;
- Object. You may object to GIE+EXPO’s use of your Personal Information to perform services you have not requested if GIE+EXPO’s basis for processing is for a public task or for GIE+EXPO’s legitimate interests;
- Copies and Portability. You may request copies of your Personal Information that GIE+EXPO possesses in a structured, commonly used, and machine readable format and you may request that this be transmitted to another controller if GIE+EXPO is processing data based on your consent or under a contract and the processing is automated;
- Complaint. You may lodge a complaint with the supervising authority of your country. If you have a concern, you may also contact GIE+EXPO as indicated in the information appearing at the end of this Agreement.
- Information Collected.
- Personal Information Categories. The Site collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked to a consumer or personal device. For purposes of this Section, such information constitutes Personal Information. The following chart identifies the categories of personal information recognized by the CCPA, provides examples of each category, and indicates whether the Site has collected such categories of personal information during the past twelve months:
Category Examples Did GIE+EXPO collect this? Identifiers Real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers. Yes CA Customer Records Statute categories Name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Yes Protected Class Characteristics Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information). No Commercial Information Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. Yes Biometric Information Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data. No Internet/network activity Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement. Yes Geolocation data Physical location or movements. Yes Sensory data Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information. No Professional/employment-related information Current or past job history or performance evaluations. No Non-public education information Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records. No Inferences drawn from other personal information Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. Yes
- Exclusions. Personal information does not include publicly available information from government records, deidentified or aggregated consumer information, and information excluded from the CCPA’s scope (such has HIPAA–protected information and information protected by the Gramm‑Leach-Bliley Act). Personal information collected as part of a communication or transaction between GIE+EXPO and a representative of a government agency or other business, where the transaction is made for providing or receiving a good or service to or from such government agency or other business or conducting due diligence in connection with the foregoing is also excluded from the scope of this notice;
- Sources. GIE+EXPO obtains personal information from you directly when you communicate directly with GIE+EXPO or purchase services through the Site. GIE+EXPO also obtains personal information indirectly by observing your behavior on the Site as collected through technological means. Additionally, GIE+EXPO may obtain personal information about you from other sources including GIE+EXPO’s business partners and vendors.
Category of Personal Information Source Business Purpose To Whom Disclosed (categories) Identifiers -provided directly by you
-direct interaction with you
-technologically gathered from you
-fulfill contractual obligations
CA Customer Records Statute categories -provided directly by you
-direct interaction with you
-fulfill contractual obligations
-service providers -carriers -business partners Protected Class Characteristics n/a n/a n/a Commercial Information -provided directly by you
-direct interaction with you
-provide goods and services to clients
-create benchmarking data
-improve goods and services
-fulfill contractual obligations
-service providers -clients -business partners Biometric Information n/a n/a n/a Internet/network activity -your interaction with Site -improve Site
-improve Site experience
-internet cookie recipients
Geolocation data -your interaction with Site -improve Site
-improve Site experience
n/a Sensory data n/a n/a n/a Professional/employment-related information n/a n/a n/a Non-public education information n/a n/a n/a Inferences drawn from other personal information -clients
-information collected through targeted ads
-clients (return same information in reorganized form)
- The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights. This section identifies those rights and how to exercise them. If you reside in California, the following provisions apply to you:
- Deletion. Subject to certain exceptions, you may request that GIE+EXPO delete any of your personal information that GIE+EXPO has collected and retained using the process described in Section 6 In order to make such a request, you must first clearly submit the request to delete and then, separately confirm that you want your personal information deleted. Once GIE+EXPO receives and confirms a verifiable consumer request from you, GIE+EXPO will delete (and direct service providers to delete) your personal information from GIE+EXPO’s records unless an exception applies. GIE+EXPO is not obligated to delete your personal information from archival or backup systems, and may respond to the request by aggregating or de-identifying the personal information. GIE+EXPO may deny your deletion request if retaining the personal information is necessary for GIE+EXPO or its service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which you provided the personal information, provide the service you requested, and take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of GIE+EXPO’s ongoing business relationship with you or otherwise perform GIE+EXPO’s engagement with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of other consumers to exercise free speech or other rights provided under law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with GIE+EXPO;
- Comply with a legal obligation, including without limitation representation of clients and responsibilities as officers of the court;
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Access and Data Portability. You have the right to request certain information about GIE+EXPO’s collection, use, and/or disclosure of your personal information over the past twelve months. After receipt of a verifiable consumer request from you, GIE+EXPO will disclose to you the categories of personal information collected, categories of sources for the categories of personal information collected, business purpose for collecting or selling such personal information, categories of third parties with whom GIE+EXPO shared such personal information, and specific pieces of personal information collected about you. After receipt of a verifiable consumer request from you, if your personal information was disclosed, GIE+EXPO will disclose the personal information categories as well as the business purpose and the category of recipient associated with the foregoing. Though GIE+EXPO has disclosed personal information to third parties for business purposes over the past twelve months, GIE+EXPO has not sold personal information to third parties over the past twelve months. For the categories of personal information disclosed, the sources of such information, and the categories of third parties to whom such personal information has been disclosed, please see above;
- Do Not Sell My Personal Info. GIE+EXPO has not sold personal information during the past twelve months, and GIE+EXPO will not sell your personal information in the future;
- Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights under the CCPA. GIE+EXPO will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. Unless the CCPA permits it, GIE+EXPO will not deny you services, charge you different prices or rates, grant discounts or other benefits or impose penalties, provide you a different level or quality of services, or suggest that you may receive different prices or rates or different levels of qualities of services;
- Direct Marketing. GIE+EXPO does not share personal information it receives or collects from you with third parties for their direct marketing purposes (to market their own goods or services directly to you) unless you have first consented and then only unless or until you withdraw your consent. If you are a California resident, you may request certain information regarding GIE+EXPO’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email or contact GIE+EXPO at its postal address using the contact information set forth below.
- California Request Process
- Instructions. If you reside in California, only you or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability no more than twice within a twelve-month period. Such a request must provide sufficient information to allow GIE+EXPO to reasonably verify that you are (or are an authorized representative of) the person about whom GIE+EXPO collected the personal information, and describe your request with sufficient detail to allow GIE+EXPO to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Please note that GIE+EXPO cannot respond to your request or provide you with information if GIE+EXPO cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with GIE+EXPO. GIE+EXPO will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. If you reside in California, you may exercise your personal information rights by submitting verifiable consumer requests in one or more of the following manners:
- If you are a California resident, you may make verifiable requests to exercise your personal information rights via the online request portal found here [insert link];
- If you prefer to submit your verifiable request to exercise your personal information rights by telephone, you may contact GIE+EXPO by telephone toll free at 1-800-558-8767 or by submitting a request using any of the contact information set forth in Section 18
- Verifying Requests. GIE+EXPO will confirm receipt of your request within the time period prescribed by the CCPA and/or its regulations, let you know how GIE+EXPO will process the request, and let you know GIE+EXPO’s verification process and anticipated timeframe for response. GIE+EXPO may try to verify your request by asking you to provide certain information and matching it to the information GIE+EXPO maintains about you. GIE+EXPO will request at least two data points about you. Depending on the nature of your request, GIE+EXPO may require more data points to match and/or may require you to sign a declaration confirming under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
- Authorized Agent. If you are a California resident, you may designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your personal information rights. The authorized agent must be registered with California’s Secretary of State. The authorized agent making any request on your behalf to know or delete certain personal information about you must submit a copy of the written permission you granted them to act as authorized agent or a copy of the document showing you granted them a power of attorney for this purpose. If the authorized agent does not have a power of attorney in compliance with California’s probate law, you must also directly verify your identity with GIE+EXPO. If adequate proof is not presented, GIE+EXPO may deny the request.
- Response Timing and Format. GIE+EXPO will try to respond to a verified consumer request within forty five days of receipt, but if GIE+EXPO requires more time to respond, it will let you know how long and why in writing. GIE+EXPO will respond to you by mail or electronically at your option. Any disclosures GIE+EXPO provides in response to your request will pertain only to the twelve‑month period immediately preceding receipt of the verifiable consumer request. If GIE+EXPO is unable to respond to the request, GIE+EXPO will explain why, if applicable. If GIE+EXPO is unable to verify your identity in connection with a request for specific pieces of information about you, GIE+EXPO will let you know (but will not disclose the specific pieces of information) and will evaluate the request as though it were a request for categories of personal information disclosed to third parties during the past twelve months. If GIE+EXPO denies a request due to conflict with federal or state law or an exception to the CCPA, GIE+EXPO will explain the basis for the denial. If GIE+EXPO cannot verify your identity in connection with a request to disclose categories of information disclosed to third parties, GIE+EXPO will let you know, and will provide you with information about its general business practices regarding collection, maintenance, and sale of personal information. If GIE+EXPO cannot verify the identity of an individual requesting the deletion of personal data, GIE+EXPO will deny your request and will treat the request as a request to opt-out of sale. GIE+EXPO has no obligation to provide you with specific personal information if such disclosure creates a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to security. For any data portability requests, GIE+EXPO will provide your personal information in the following format: by pdf. Unless your request is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded, GIE+EXPO will not charge a fee to process or respond to your request. If GIE+EXPO determines that a fee is warranted, GIE+EXPO will explain why it reached that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before responding.