Early Bird Registration Puts Overall Registration Well Ahead of Last Year
(Louisville, KY, Sept. 11, 2018) - Continuing the show's record-breaking trajectory, early bird registration week for the 2018 GIE+EXPO (Green Industry & Equipment Expo) was the biggest ever. More than 3,000 attendees registered the week of September 3, setting a new weekly record and putting overall attendee registration 12% ahead of last year at this time. More than 24,000 participants are projected to be in Louisville October 17-19 for the annual event.
"Every indication points to the 2018 show being bigger than ever been on all fronts," said Warren Sellers, show director. "Participation from all segments of the industry is going strong. Add to that the synergy that's being generated by the new Wednesday format as well as exhibitors who are stepping up participation on the show floor - both indoors and out - and this is shaping up to be our best event yet!"
- The servicing dealer registration category is up 12% over last year at this time. The contractor categories are up 11%.
- Attendee registration for Hardscape North America, co-located with GIE+EXPO, is currently 11% ahead of last year.
- Exhibitor participation is up with about 1,000 total GIE+EXPO and HNA exhibits, indoors and out. 18% are new exhibitors.
- The Outdoor Demonstration Area will cover more than 20 acres.
- More new product introductions are expected, with over 120 products in the New Products Spotlight and 21 exhibitors hosting press conferences.
Exhibitors are contributing to the excitement with a wide variety of giveaways, including:
- FABULOUS FRIDAY $10,000 GIVEAWAY - Every show registrant receives an entry form and instructions for entering along with their badge. Winner must be present Friday, Oct. 19. Sponsored by Mercedes-Benz Vans.
- STIHL - One lucky dealer will win $5,000 during Wednesday's Dealer Preview.
- UTV GIVEAWAY - One attendee will win $15,000 toward their choice of UTVs manufactured by one of the participating UTV Giveaway sponsors. Entries will be mailed with attendee badges. Participating manufacturers include American Land Master; Gravely, an Ariens Company; Bobcat Company; Hisun Motors; Hustler Turf Equipment; John Deere;, Kioti Tractor; Kubota Tractor Corp; ODES Industries; Snow Dog and Yanmar America Corp.
- CUB CADET will give away their new PRO Hydro WalkTM - a professional grade mower that's light on size. This high-performance mower brings Cub Cadet strength to your fingertips. Visit the Cub Cadet booth #5116 during the show to enter.
- GREENIUS will give away the Husqvarna V548 stand-on mower. Take the entry received at registration to booth #295 before noon on Friday, Oct. 19.
- KUBOTA TRACTOR CORPORATION will give away one of their newest Z700 Series, zero-turn mowers. Take the entry received at registration to the indoor Kubota booth any day during the show.
- CORTEVA AGRISCIENCE, booth #3005, is giving away a new Z-Max sprayer featuring Dimension and Defendor.
- FENCE ARMOR, booth #24103, is giving away two VIP Hot Passes, to be in the pits at the NASCAR First Data 500 - Race weekend is October, 26-28! Passes valid for 3 days.
- HUSQVARNA is giving away a total fleet solution valued at $35,000, including a trailer, racking and product. Stop by outdoor booth #7800D to enter.
- KEYSTONE HARDSCAPES, booth #20016, is giving away $3500 in free products.
- PAVE TOOL, booth #29017, is giving away a Starter Box Kit - the time-saving tools every hardscaper needs.
- TENNA, booth #30063, is giving away a customized platform to track small tools, equipment and vehicles.
- WALBRO, LLC, booth #7212, is giving away a fuel-injected golf cart to promote their new EFI performance upgrade kit.
For more Information
GIE+EXPO's 2018 dates are Oct. 17-19. The annual event is sponsored by the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute, Inc. (OPEI), Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS) and National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP).