Media Badge Request
Requirements for Obtaining GIE+EXPO/HNA Editor/Publisher Media Credentials
Available exclusively to editorial press covering GIE+EXPO/HNA, Editor/Publisher credentials are provided to qualified journalists (publishers, editors, reporters, freelance journalists, bloggers, photographers, producers, etc) who work for established print, online and broadcast media outlets that are relevant to the outdoor living and equipment industry.
Media sales, market researchers, public relations/marketing/advertising personnel, consultants, etc. are not included in the GIE+EXPO/HNA definition of Editor/Publisher. If you fall into one of these categories, but are a contributor to an outlet that meets our qualifications, you must be on assignment and provide a Letter of Assignment from your Editor. Otherwise, you must register online in the Non-Exhibiting Manufacturers, Suppliers, Ad Agencies and Media Sales category.
All press registrations will be reviewed and each registrant is subject to approval. You may be asked to provide additional information or supporting verification before press credentials are issued. GIE+EXPO/HNA reserves the right to deny Editor/Publisher applicants if sufficient credentials are not provided. A history of being registered for GIE+EXPO/HNA in previous years does not guarantee approval or waive the requirements.
Print and Online Media: Reporters, editors and other editorial staff from a print media outlet may be asked to show either a masthead from a current print publication listing you as an editorial contact or supply a recent bylined article published.
Freelance Writers: Freelance writers must provide a bylined article related to the outdoor living and equipment industry published within six months prior to registration. A letter of assignment from an editor or publisher of a recognized industry-related or general news publication that states you are on assignment to cover the show may also be required. Emails must come from the assigning editor's corporate email account. Generic emails such as Gmail/Yahoo will not be accepted.
Bloggers and Vloggers: Press registration for bloggers and vloggers will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Applicants must provide a link to the website dealing with industry-related subjects.
- The blog/vlog must be independently hosted and regularly updated with original and current industry news for a minimum of one year. It must adhere to a standard of professional journalism practices such as editing, fact-checking and disclosure of conflicts of interest.
- Blogs/vlogs must reflect current industry and/or related news. Original content must be created on a weekly or more frequent basis. GIE+EXPO/HNA will approve or deny credentials to digital media based on the frequency and quality of content posted.
- Company-branded blogs/vlogs and those affiliated with a service, product or other type of business will not be considered.
- YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr sites, personal blogs/vlogs, communities, forums and user groups will not be considered.
- Credentialed media are prohibited from engaging in a pay-for-play arrangement or any other type of financial compensation that may influence their reporting.
- Applicants may be asked to supply a third-party-produced web traffic report verifying the blog/website has the required 1,000 unique monthly visitors (UVMs).
Production Companies: Production companies must submit a letter or email from the programming office of a recognized network or station detailing the assignment and stating that the production company is at the show to tape for a specific program. Emails should include air date and contact information, and must be sent from a corporate email address. Generic emails such as Gmail/Yahoo will not be accepted.