Keynote Featuring Papa John’s Founder John Schnatter Among New Highlights
(Louisville, KY) – With seminars and workshops led by industry experts, a new keynote address, hardscape demonstrations, hands-on demos of hundreds of new products, networking, best-practice tips and giveaways the Green Industry & Equipment Expo (GIE+EXPO) has the formula for a high return on investment.
According to Kris Kiser, President and CEO of the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI), organizers anticipate topping last year’s record-breaking attendance. “This year’s show is a must-attend event for lawn and landscape pros who are looking to move their businesses to the next level,” he said. “With the combination of new products, educational opportunities and the co-location of Hardscape North America (HNA), GIE+EXPO is this industry’s No. 1 business investment.”
- Nine GIE+EXPO Workshops will cover a variety of valuable management topics specifically for landscape contractors’ businesses. In addition, for contractors looking to diversify, Hardscape North America’s co-location with GIE+EXPO provides the opportunity to learn about expanding into the hardscape market.
- NEW – Landscapers are invited to attend the Thursday morning Opening Keynote featuring Papa John’s Pizza founder and CEO John Schnatter. The Papa John’s pizza business was founded in 1983 when “Papa” John Schnatter knocked out a broom closet in the back of his father’s tavern in Jeffersonville, Indiana. He then sold his 1971 Z28 Camaro to purchase $1,600 worth of used pizza equipment and began selling pizzas to the tavern’s customers out of the converted closet. His pizzas proved so popular that one year later he was able to move into an adjoining space. Today, the company is the third largest take-out and pizza delivery restaurant chain in the world with headquarters in Jeffersontown, Kentucky, near Louisville. The $15 session fee will benefit the Louisville Zoo. Sponsored by Hardscape North America.
- The GO EXPO mobile app will be available in August to help attendees stay up to date and build connections. App users will have access to the real-time exhibitor list, interactive floor plan, and session schedule along with planning and networking tools. The app is sponsored by Gravely.
- GIE+EXPO is again co-located with Hardscape North America (HNA), and all attendees receive free access to the indoor displays at HNA. Access to HNA allows attendees to browse the latest in pavers, concrete paving slabs, stone pavements, installation accessories, landscape lighting products, segmental retaining walls, surface treatments and more.
- The 19-acre Outdoor Demonstration Area is a pro’s No. 1 chance to inspect the engines, test the handling and experience the power of the industry’s newest products – all in one place. Open all day Thursday and Friday and just steps from the indoor exhibits, it’s where attendees can test drive the equipment they’ve seen on the indoor show floor. An Official Outdoor Must-See Exhibits Guide will be distributed prior to the show and on-site to help attendees navigate the demo park.
- The Hardscape Demonstrations offered under the HNA Outdoor Arena tent are designed to help landscapers add new services or improve their hardscape installation techniques. A new format this year will feature a continuous build during show hours with 1-hour featured demonstrations starting at 11 AM, 1 PM and 3 PM. Attendees can upgrade their trade show admission for just $25 to include the six demonstrations. Or sign up to attend the hardscape session included in the GIE+EXPO Workshops for an automatic upgrade.
- LANDSCAPES 2016, organized by the National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP), and the Professional Grounds Management Society’s (PGMS) popular School of Grounds Management offer powerful educational sessions and extensive peer networking. These premier educational events for green industry professionals and professional grounds managers begin Oct. 20.
- In the annual Hardscape Installer Championship, top hardscape contractors from throughout North America compete against each other to determine the best-of-the-best in the industry. Up to 24 teams will start the competition in a preliminary round, with only the best four moving on to the championship round on Friday afternoon. Only one team will be named the 2016 Champion!
- Three free concerts will rock the Nissan Commercial stage at Fourth Street Live! The concerts are sponsored by Dixie Chopper.
The Crashers on Wednesday
Joe Nichols with Brooke Eden on Thursday
Wax Factory with Kirby’s Dreamland on Friday
- The New Products Showcase will be a launching pad for new products. Visitors can stop here for a glimpse of the latest innovations and make their must-see lists, then stop at the exhibits throughout the show floor to meet with the manufacturers and test the products.
- The Fabulous Friday $10,000 Giveaway is back. One lucky winner will be drawn at 4 PM, and the winner must be present to win the $10,000 prize. The giveaway is sponsored by Belgard Hardscapes. To be eligible, register for GIE+EXPO. An entry form will be mailed along with badges and will include instructions for returning it on-site.
For more Information & Registration
GIE+EXPO’s 2016 dates are Wednesday, Oct. 19, Dealer Day; Oct. 20-21 for all industry participants. The annual event is sponsored by the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute, Inc. (OPEI), Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS) and National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP). HNA is sponsored by the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI).