Requirements for Obtaining GIE+EXPO Editor/Publisher Media Credentials
Available exclusively to editorial press covering GIE+EXPO, Editor/Publisher credentials are provided to publishers, editors, reporters and freelance journalists who work for established print, online and broadcast news organizations.
Media sales, market researchers, public relations personnel, marketing /advertising firms, consultants, etc. are not included in the GIE+EXPO definition of Editor/Publisher. If you fall into one of these categories, but are a contributor to an outlet that meets our qualifications, you must be on assignment and provide a Letter of Assignment from your Editor.
Print & Broadcast:
Applicants must demonstrate a record of industry-related coverage. This may take the form of:
- Your name listed in an editorial position on a publication masthead
- A recent bylined story that indicates you are a staff writer, reporter or regular contributor to an industry-related publication
- A letter of assignment from an editor or publisher of a recognized industry-related or general news publication that states you are on assignment to cover the show
- Applicants must provide a link to the website dealing with industry-related subjects. Blogs and vlogs must reflect current industry and/or related news. Original content must be created on a weekly or more frequent basis. GIE+EXPO will approve or deny credentials to digital media based on the frequency and quality of content posted.
- Digital media must also provide a recent monthly traffic report from an external demographic tool, like Google Analytics, verifying the online publication or blog gets a minimum of 1,000 unique monthly visitors (UMVs).
- YouTube, Facebook, Twitter sites, personal blogs, communities, forums and user groups will not be considered for media accreditation.